[vivo-de] Welcome Dragan Ivanović as VIVO Tech Lead!

Anna Guillaumet Anna.Guillaumet at sigmaaie.org
Di Jul 27 12:47:59 CEST 2021

Greetings,

LYRASIS, the organizational home for VIVO, is excited to announce that Dragan Ivanović will be joining VIVO as the Technical Lead.

Dragan is a full professor and research software engineer at University of Novi Sad. He has extensive experience working on research eInfrastructures development at University of Novi Sad (http://dosird.uns.ac.rs/<http://dosird.uns.ac.rs/and>), as well as in the context of European Commission funded projects. His specialties include: data modelling, research information systems, interoperability, digital and data repositories.

As Technical Lead, Dragan will be responsible for the infrastructure of the VIVO application, facilitating distributed open-source development for the software, growing the development community, and contributing to the code base.  He will lead the VIVO Committers group as they continue to build and strengthen our community of code contributors. In this part time role, Dragan will also work closely with community members and leadership as we all work to ensure the VIVO application meets the needs of the community now and in the future.

Dragan shared "I am excited to join the VIVO team and continue VIVO contributors' great work in building software solutions for representing scholarship. I am looking forward to collaborating with all contributors in further development of the VIVO solution."

VIVO has been fortunate that Brian Lowe of Ontocale served as interim Tech Lead while we engaged in our search. We deeply appreciate his important work on VIVO over the last six months.

Dragan will officially join VIVO on August 9th. Please join us in welcoming him to his new role in the VIVO community!

Bruce Herbert and Anna Guillaumet

VIVO Chair and Vice Chair